German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
i have recently finished a 6 week course with my storm. he is my 10 month old gsd. the trainer is a retired canine cop and has 40 some odd years experience. he did train me with the choke chain, but checks before every class to make sure it is put on properly. the correction is known as a "check" in this training and if put on backwards there can be no "check" or correction given as it will not perform the way it is made to perform. there is another brand of choke chain called a hans sprenger or something like that. the links are more squared off then circular giving a more smoother check and allows for the longer haired dogs having their hair not to get tangled in the chain. i must admit that this training did wonders for my gsd who used to literally be a bucking broncho on our walks. he walks at a heel now, although we do sometimes have issues with him wanting to be ahead of me. i guess that's the herding instinct in him. i think putting a choke chain on any animal is cruel and unnecessary punishment.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.