German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions on these breedings. Any comments or knowledge on either would be very appreciated. The dog will be for high-level IPO competition.

1. Zucht des Zwingers von der Ransch-Vincent: Aron vom Weinbergblick und Kim von der Salztal-Höhe ? working-dog

2. Sire - Aron vom Weinbergblick ? working-dog

Dam - Navee von der Salztal-Höhe ? working-dog

With both breedings the Sire is the same and both Dams have the same fatherline.

I am leaning towards Navee, I just love Olex > Nick but any any insight would help.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Ok. Here's what I would ask the breeder if you feel inclined to do so.

1. Navee just turned 2 in April. She is SchIII already? It says so on the breeders website but I'd confirm.

2. No real descriptions of the females. More time is spent on telling you about parents than how she is.

3. Below is taken from the website....

" ...Genetics being the forefront of my plan with health, athleticism, tractability, conformation (form follows function) all this with multi-generational consistency; you’ll notice that almost all the breeding’s are “V” (excellent) in conformation with the highest ratings in work. SchH3, IPO3, FH1, FH2, AD, koerklasse 1.
On rare occasion I will breed a lesser titled dog but it will be titled and only bred after close consideration and conference with my close mentor in Germany.
Now many would say you can’t breed pedigrees and we concur so these same dogs are examined for their scores in protection, they must be high especially in the “C” phase; and for their dominance yet balanced temperament. These aren’t just sport dogs but are also civil when appropriate and they all could be police k-9s/military or personal protection companions.So these are the cream of the crop undeniably!..."

I consider nerves to be the foundation for breeding. I notice that he never mentions nerves. Maybe he combines it in with "genetics" but usually breeders mention nerve strength.

I notice that he really is into V ratings and structure. That is important but ill take nerves over confirmation.

He primarily selects dogs based on Sch scores and primarily the "C" phase. RED FLAG for me. There are great dogs that don't score high in the C phase b/c they aren't sport dogs.

With all that said, he does breed for sport and if u want it you can get if from both breedings.

Chris Wild replied in a thread about Ernst. Very insightful and you should check it out.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Ok. Here's what I would ask the breeder if you feel inclined to do so.

1. Navee just turned 2 in April. She is SchIII already? It says so on the breeders website but I'd confirm.

2. No real descriptions of the females. More time is spent on telling you about parents than how she is.

3. Below is taken from the website....

" ...Genetics being the forefront of my plan with health, athleticism, tractability, conformation (form follows function) all this with multi-generational consistency; you’ll notice that almost all the breeding’s are “V” (excellent) in conformation with the highest ratings in work. SchH3, IPO3, FH1, FH2, AD, koerklasse 1.
On rare occasion I will breed a lesser titled dog but it will be titled and only bred after close consideration and conference with my close mentor in Germany.
Now many would say you can’t breed pedigrees and we concur so these same dogs are examined for their scores in protection, they must be high especially in the “C” phase; and for their dominance yet balanced temperament. These aren’t just sport dogs but are also civil when appropriate and they all could be police k-9s/military or personal protection companions.So these are the cream of the crop undeniably!..."

I consider nerves to be the foundation for breeding. I notice that he never mentions nerves. Maybe he combines it in with "genetics" but usually breeders mention nerve strength.

I notice that he really is into V ratings and structure. That is important but ill take nerves over confirmation.

He primarily selects dogs based on Sch scores and primarily the "C" phase. RED FLAG for me. There are great dogs that don't score high in the C phase b/c they aren't sport dogs.

With all that said, he does breed for sport and if u want it you can get if from both breedings.

Chris Wild replied in a thread about Ernst. Very insightful and you should check it out.

Good luck!
+1

And my BS meter goes up when someone says "excellent at sport and at PPD/K9". In my experience these days the two are almost mutually exclusive... almost... and most k9 trainers tend to agree. Like if someone says all the pups they produce are top sport, etc

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Both parents look like nicely bred dogs. Probably will make nice drivey puppies that would excel in IPO. JMHO.

·
Registered
803 Posts
One last thing I forgot and this is just what I look for in breeders.

I notice that he doesn't have any dogs from HIS BREEDINGS listed on the males or females list? Now, he could not just list them on his site but breeders generally LOVE to show dogs from their own breedings.

If i pay $2000 for a pup (never would BTW) I wanna see dogs from your own program listed more than I want to see imported dogs used just to breed.

Check the dogs out and if you like it then go for it!

JMO

P.S. Hunter made a good point.

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
The parent kennel of his stock is a huge huge producer....so many litters that the wife had to also apply for a kennel name....while an occasional dog does seem to go to the top in sport, when you look at the numbers of litters, breeding females, males and do some math, the majority are sold as pets and it seems the breeder is focused on producing conformation style working dogs....personally, I would not go to the production of this kennel for a competition dog.....

Lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts