German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just started fostering this guy this week. He is 7 months old, I have no information on his lineage, but he’s been doing awesome here so far and I’d be lying if i said I wasn’t starting to think about making him a permanent addition. What’s everyone’s thoughts on him physically? His paws are massive, I’m thinking he’s going to be a big boy.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankfully he's still intact. He's definitely a bit underweight at the moment, but has been eating like a pig since he got here, so should bulk up pretty quick.

I'm going to take him to the vet and get him fully checked out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We all know the outcome :grin2:
Yeah it's pretty much a done deal lol. He's seamlessly fit in with my female, they're having a blast together, and he has a great temperament -- that's the stuff that's really most important after all. He's still a 7-month-old pup, so he'll do dumb stuff if you give him too much freedom, but he's learning quick, I really like his potential.

My male died end of June so we weren't quite ready yet, and we are going to try for our first baby next year, so I was going the puppy route to make sure I could put the structure in place, were are a waiting list for a pup in November/December. I help out at the local GSD rescue and this guy came along, I told them I'd foster him for a bit and install basic obedience and, well, the rest is history.

Luckily I hadn't put my deposit down on the puppy yet!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Update: I kept this guy. His name is Dirk, he’s 16 months old now and an overall badass. He was pretty much a raw dog when I got him so we had to play catch up, but he’s done great and is really starting to come into his own. Also, very affectionate, so he’s a great compliment to my female who is a bit of a lone ranger.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts