German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Is Lubeck in the USA?

Both are very masculine males. I think it will depend where you want to go. Both dogs bring some stuff that is different and some the same (more T litter), with Jäger maybe bringing the most differences.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is Lubeck in the USA?

Both are very masculine males. I think it will depend where you want to go. Both dogs bring some stuff that is different and some the same (more T litter), with Jäger maybe bringing the most differences.
Could you elaborate about the differences? Yes I was told today he is in the states

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
I only did a quick look. Jäger brings a lot of Czech, but I don't know the Czech lines well enough to comment even though I have met his sire, saw him trial and off the field. I also saw his grandsire in trials and in training plus have talked to a number of those that did his helper work.

Lubeck has some slightly different lines in his mother along with show lines. I like his sire. That is why I asked if he is in the states. I know the mother lines of his father extremely well since they are pretty much the same as my foundation bitch Nike.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
If you are going to do sport, I would go with Lubeck, if I wanted to get a potential police or PSA dog, I would take Jaeger.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I know someone who owned Lubeck briefly and thought highly of him. He breeds for police and military, has very high standards and doesn't really care much for GSDs.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Personally, knowing the lines of Lubeck's sire extremely well (and also some of the mother) I disagree with Cliff. IMO you could get good all around solid working GSD from both crosses.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Personally, knowing the lines of Lubeck's sire extremely well (and also some of the mother) I disagree with Cliff. IMO you could get good all around solid working GSD from both crosses.
Could you tell me a bit about those lines? Both the good and bad (everyone tends to only state the good, which isn't a complete picture and ultimately not actionable info)

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, tell me the bad that could come of either breeding lol. That's more useful info to me lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts