German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Looks pure to me. Of course, mine also looked pure to me, as a pup. The consensus here was also PB. Alas, she grew up and is not. lol!

Without official paperwork, the only way to be sure is DNA testing. I used Embark for my shepherd and was very happy with it. That was last spring. They already have an even more updated test. I just ordered it for my other dog.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Looks pure to me. My puppy has long hair as well. I think people ask about long-haired GSDs because the average person is only familiar with the short-haired version.

I used to get a lot of questions about my prior GSD. She was a sable and some people thought she looked like a wolf hybrid.

I think that people who aren't familiar with the breed are most familiar with short haired GSD's who are either black & tan or black & red.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My answer would be "I don't know but it doesn't make any difference because he is an incredible pup. "Purebred" is almost a slang used by people who don't have a clue anyway. Why does it make a difference to them? I have had some beautiful GSDs, both imports and pups from imports (all SV titled). People would ask if they were a "purebred police dog". I would confuse them by saying "NO. He is a German Shepherd Dog with a Schutzhund III title and advanced tracking". All fluff but it annoyed me to question his/their genetics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts