German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to get some opinions on this particular kennel. I am doing my best to translate using a few different translators but would like to know if anyone is familar with these dogs/lines and what you can tell me?

I am particularly interested in dogs who descend from Tim Abfuhr so if you know of any kennels with sons/daughters of this dog, please feel free to PM me or list them here.

If anyone would like to PM me their opinion, I would be more than happy to hear from you as well.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
<3 <3 <3 I wish I could be more helpful...all I can really tell you is that I love Paska, Branko, and Ellex

·
Registered
337 Posts
Gorgeous dogs. Dont know anything about them personally, would love to hear more if you get any info! Theres a female on there that I would give my right arm for!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
also gorgeous dogs, I think ya should get one:))

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Where's Mrs K? She should be able to help you with that website.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
If you have a google tool bar it has a translate button, if you hit it the site will be in english. Love those blacks!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I am getting the translation a bit, I am more interested in knowing more aboutt these bloodlines, particularly the ones that lead back to Tim and Troll.

I am also interested in knowing about this particular breeder (you may PM me with information or opinion) or if anyone has any experience with any dogs of theirs or any dogs that come from them or their lines?

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I looked into this breeder before and the first thing everybody told me was if you wanted to talk to the guy, you'd need a translator as he doesn't speak English (could have changed, but who knows). I also believe that he doesn't have a contract of any sort. You get what you get, though he is very honest and upfront about his dogs.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found the "no contract" thing to be very common when dealing with European breeders.

I know of someone at my club who would be able to help with the translation but he is currently on vacation for the holidays so I have no way in communicating with him to help me out..lol.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found a son of Tim's in the USA (or at least he was in the USA), does anyone know of a contact for his owner? The kennel he is currently at?

Yukon Vom Musikanten Hof? The working-dog.eu website says he is owned by Bob Mitchell but I am unsure of how to get into contact with him. When I plugged his name into google search MANY Bob Mitchell's appeared, none of whom looks like the appropriate one.

Any help would be appreciated.

ETA: When I tried contacting the owner of Yukon through the above website it would not allow me unless I signed up for a membership (Premium). I am a member of the site but not a Preimium member so I can't send messages to other members.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanting to bump this thread up a bit.

I am still looking for information regarding Tim and any progeny that may still be producing in the USA or Canada (even overseas really).

Also curious on people's opinions of the kennel (and the dogs being used) in the original post.

Thanks everyone. :)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Very good kennel. Uses a lot of the old Koerbelbach lines. Saltzal-hohe seems to be the same kennel or at least the same family--often the same dogs in the pedigrees.

I think there's some good dogs being bred from these kennels in the US. This kennel has some of the bloodlines you're interested in, including a Tim vd Abfuhr grand daughter: OUR MALE, FEMALE, UP-AND-COMING & RETIRED BREEDING DOGS

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks Christine. :)

I have heard that these lines are not ones that some would like to use in schH, was wondering how true/false this is? Why or why not?

Stark's sire ( http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/pedigree/593372.html ) is a Tim grandson and a son of Kaiko Salztalblick. I REALLY love this male and am finding that the dogs I like are often from these lines.

I am also finding that when these lines are mixed with Czech dogs, that I start drooling.. lol. Not sure why that combination draws me in so much but I like the way they work, temperaments are amazing and their nerves are awesome. Wondering what your take on that was?

Sorry for all the questions but I respect your opinion and would like to hear your take on this.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
My (possible) pup's sire has some of their dogs on his paternal side; he is a Bronco grandson. The pup is only 4 weeks old so I don't have any feedback on him, but I can tell you I :wub: the dad.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My (possible) pup's sire has some of their dogs on his paternal side; he is a Bronco grandson. The pup is only 4 weeks old so I don't have any feedback on him, but I can tell you I :wub: the dad.
Thanks Emoore! I like Bronco as well! Definitely going to have to look into him some more! :)

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Thanks Emoore! I like Bronco as well! Definitely going to have to look into him some more! :)
Sorry to throw this thread off topic, but I thought of you and Stark last night as I read the new House of Night book, every time I read the name Stark I saw your handsome boys picture. He has a great name! :)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cliff, through Wasko, I found another grandson of Tim - Iwo vom Hunxer Wald. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

The breeder who owns Wasko and Iwo (co-own I believe) are planning a breeding between Wasko and a Iwo offspring, is that too close of a line breeding? Can I ask what is to be expected with that breeding? What type of work would this breeding do well at? PP, SchH, Police, etc.?

I will be contacting the breeder tonight after work (leaving in 5 minutes) via his website but thought I would ask here and see what type of responses I get.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry to throw this thread off topic, but I thought of you and Stark last night as I read the new House of Night book, every time I read the name Stark I saw your handsome boys picture. He has a great name! :)
Haha.. Thanks Lauren. ;)

The new book, Awakened? I think it's called was really good. :) I am fond of the name Nyx (for a female) and Kalona (for a male) now...lol. Gotta keep the theme going right? Hahaha.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts