German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
How about the positive's? I am strongly concidering a pup out of this breeding.
I like Tom. I like Orry. I like Hutch. Those are the dogs in the pedigree I like outside of the "usual/"

But I'm sorry I have no real knowledge on how these would all combine with each other.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Good breeding for sport dogs like Sch.
Interesting Cliff! Would this pedigree not produce the balance needed for real-life working dogs? I recognize a lot of dog names that are often seen as accomplished dogs - are they, in your view, then the extreme prey driven dogs that high-level competitors prefer?

This stuff is just always so interesting (and often overwhelming!).

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
The litter would be linebred 4-5 on Aly Vordinsteinwald, one of the most prolific producers of high level sport dogs, and the mother is 2-3 on Tom v Leedalhof, maybe the most popular high sport prodcer today. I "think" this breeding might have high potential for good sport dogs as the sport is today. That doesn't mean their won't be pups in the litter with less drive or even insane drive, just that as sport has evolved today, this breeding is steeped in those genetics.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Also, Lucia their is a lot of other intangibles in this breeding that will affect outcome(genetically speaking), but thistype of detail isn't always welcomed I so I kept it very general.

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
I see a pedigree slanted toward very high energy, high drive, low trigger thresholds for drive, and the potential for drive overloading the brain/nerves, some nervous/hectic energy and what I describe as dogs who are constantly "buzzing" and have difficulty achieving a state of mental calmness. Very much a pedigree geared toward modern sport.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the response. The mother did get bread at 18 months. Her prelims looked good. I know this is not agood sign for the breeder. Allthough she dosn't have any titles she looks like she has the abiliy.
I am still thinking about a pup, but I think it may be like Chris said and
" have difficulty achieving mental calmness". This wouldn't be good at all because I would prefer to trane it as a ppd rather then sport.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Thanks for the response. The mother did get bread at 18 months. Her prelims looked good. I know this is not agood sign for the breeder. Allthough she dosn't have any titles she looks like she has the abiliy.
I am still thinking about a pup, but I think it may be like Chris said and
" have difficulty achieving mental calmness". This wouldn't be good at all because I would prefer to trane it as a ppd rather then sport.
This is not the type of dog I'd look at for PPD. Personally.

This is the type of dog I might look at if I wanted to do world championship level agility or high-level schutzhund competition. Even looking at the description of the mom on PDB in the comment.... If you LOVE the mom, they might be the pups for you, as long as you like high energy and want to be very involved and active with your dog.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
I will say this...with Marc, Jago and Yoschy in the first 5 generations, there is genetic genes for a PPD, but overall I think the concentration is high energy sport.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well ending up going with a Czech/Slovakia pup. It should truly be a old Czech style dog with Carly Policia as her father and the mother having Mambo and Norbo as grand fathers. She's only 5 1/2 months and shows great drives.
Thanks everyone for the evaluation.
Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts