German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gunnar earned his keep today. We live in fairly quiet neighborhood and the people that live down the road to our east have 3 teenage girls. I'm not sure what's going at school this week, but I've seen several houses around town that have been TP'd.
About 1/2 an hour ago, my wife was gone at a meeting and not due back until later so I was sitting in the living room. All of a sudden, Gunnar jumps up and starts to wuff and growl a little. He quits and lays back down so I forget about it. A few minutes later, same thing happens. I figure it's deer or bunnies, but he doesn't quit this time so I opened the inside front door and turned on the lights. Of course, I see three figures tearing across the front yard and into the pines along the side of the garage. I noticed that one of the kids is wearing a letterman's jacket.
I grabbed my flashlight and head out the garage door with Gunnar on a short lead at my side. (Retired deputy, former K9 handler although Gunnar was never a working dog)
We're standing in the garage door and I hear the kids in the trees "whispering". I yelled out, come out here or I'll send my dog. I give Gunner his aggression command and he starts barking and going crazy.
You should have seen how fast those kids came out of the trees.
It was all I could do not to lose it right there.
I talked to them and found out they were looking for the neighbors house and went to the wrong place.
Great bunch of kids and they loved Gunnar. They had fun petting him and he got lots of attention and an extra treat from me.
Brave Cassie (who we've only had since May) was watching the whole thing through the front door and wondering what was going on. To her credit, she didn't make a peep, even when Gunnar was going crackers.
Man I love my dogs, and I think I'm probably safe from random teenage "prankery" for a while.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is my "protector"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
:D Great story.

Gunnar looks the protector part!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D Great story.

Gunnar looks the protector part!

Oh yeah, he'd protect the heck out of your face from a spoonful of peanut butter!!!!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I love this story! Good Boy Gunnar!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Gunnar is very handsome and looks like he takes his duties as your protector very seriously.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
handsome dog. great story.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Great story! It reminds me of the poster my daughter made for the last hurricane. It's a picture of Pyrate doing a recall and it says "Looters will be eaten!" in blood red letters. He is a big baby but you sure wouldn't know it from the picture.

·
Registered
470 Posts
What a GOOD BOY!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great story! It reminds me of the poster my daughter made for the last hurricane. It's a picture of Pyrate doing a recall and it says "Looters will be eaten!" in blood red letters. He is a big baby but you sure wouldn't know it from the picture.
LOL....I hope neither of them ever have to test how "bad" they are. I know Gunnar sounds like he's gonna tear someone apart. Hopefully that's enough.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I went out to get the mail a few minutes ago, two of the boys that I talked to last night were at my neighbor's house, shoveling their driveway. (We got about an inch of snow earlier today)
Gunnar, Cassie and I went over there to see what was up. Seems they had a bad night. They got caught at the neighbor's house couple of hours after I talked to them.
Sometimes it sucks to be 16.....LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts