German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here goes. Samson is 15 weeks old and I was feeding him nutro max for puppies since he was 8 weeks old. He never really seemed to like it although his poop came out fantastic lol. Always firm and clean. But since he showed very little interest I decided to get something else the people at the pet store recommended TOTW waste of the wild. Bison high prairie. But after reading on here I can see I made a horrible mistake due to the high calcium right? What does to much calcium do to my puppy? Any ways I’m taking the food back and getting wellness. But which wellness should I get. They do not carry Orijen near me. So I’m going to try wellness. Does any one have any other suggestion as to another brand of food that great for GSD?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wellness Super5 LBP formula would be my pick of the Wellness line. If we had a retailer closer to us it is what I would be planning to feed Ziva

·
Registered
14 Posts
You are wise to switch from Nutro. Nutro uses corn, wheat, soy and menadione. Taste of the Wild is an excellent food, as is Wellness. Blue Buffalo is another good choice. Taste of the Wild, Wellness and Blue Buffalo use no corn, wheat, soy or menadione and they all have good ratios of Omega 6 to Omega 3 which Nutro lacks.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Wellness Large Breed Puppy or Wellness Super5mix adult should be fine. Not the regular puppy kibble.

Natural Balance is a good quality dog food that marketed primarily for dogs with different food intolerances and grain allergies. If I were choosing between the two I personally would go with Wellness if my dog didn't have any allergies or intolerances. I personally believe the Wellness is a little better

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
:d
wellness super5 lbp formula would be my pick of the wellness line. If we had a retailer closer to us it is what i would be planning to feed ziva
agreed :d

·
Registered
85 Posts
You are wise to switch from Nutro. Nutro uses corn, wheat, soy and menadione. Taste of the Wild is an excellent food, as is Wellness. Blue Buffalo is another good choice. Taste of the Wild, Wellness and Blue Buffalo use no corn, wheat, soy or menadione and they all have good ratios of Omega 6 to Omega 3 which Nutro lacks.
However, TOTW is not generally accepted as appropriate for a puppy due to the calcium levels of their formulas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts