German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An acquaintance is looking for a breeder recommendation anywhere in southern Ontario. He is interested in a puppy to be a family companion, a second GSD for the family, that will be part of an active outdoors lifestyle. He will be doing formal obedience training but isn't interested in showing or in doing dog sports. I'm thinking AM/Canadian showlines might be what he needs. Previous threads have mentioned Appleridge Kennels, Loretto Kennels, Rene Lucescu's kennel (more working lines) and Sanhedrin. Are there any other kennels out there that folks could recommend?

Reactions: georgy girl

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
My boy Garth that I lost last year was from Canisphere. Lawerence passed a couple of years ago but his wife, Karen has kept the kennel going.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks GSDAlphaMom :) Their dogs look great! Not sure which one is Garth in your albums - sorry he is no longer with you.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
No my avatar is Moses, Layla, & Gilda. Moses is on my album cover but Garth is in the album. His name is under the picture so you will know which one he is.

·
Registered
248 Posts
An acquaintance is looking for a breeder recommendation anywhere in southern Ontario. He is interested in a puppy to be a family companion, a second GSD for the family, that will be part of an active outdoors lifestyle. He will be doing formal obedience training but isn't interested in showing or in doing dog sports. I'm thinking AM/Canadian showlines might be what he needs. Previous threads have mentioned Appleridge Kennels, Loretto Kennels, Rene Lucescu's kennel (more working lines) and Sanhedrin. Are there any other kennels out there that folks could recommend?
Hi Quinnsmom

Blackhaven shepherds just had a litter , i think they re in the toronto area, they have am/can showlines.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Sheesh, they are practically in my back yard and I don't know them. Thanks!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe so.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
We got Molly from Winningway in Sault te Marie. She is an excellent breeder very responsible and dedicated! She stays in contact with us regularly and seem to truly care about her pups well being. When we decide to get a second one we won't hesitate to buy from her again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts