German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are in the home stretch and Ace will be home this time next week! Any advice on what I should look for in the parents besides temperament and any questions I should ask the breeder that I may not have already asked her? She has been very helpful and knowledgeable and has taught me a lot about a breed that I just thought was beautiful. Any tips on things I need to puppy proof that I may have not done?! Any and all advice would be appreciated! I also wanted to get opinions on diets and food. Raw vs kibble etc. thanks guys so so much! ImageUploadedByPG Free1364596820.668842.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
15,997 Posts
You are now asking what to look for in the parents????? It's a little late to worry about that one if the pup is coming to you next week.

Puppy proof? Doesn't exist. Keep pup with you or crated all the time in doors & keep a sharp eye out outside in your fenced yard that is very secure. The indoor watch will help with toilet training, too.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Raw diet is good to start off with. Rule my breeder taught me... If it is on the floor it belongs to the dog. So when I placed shopping bags on the floor, and Fiona chewed on a Barbie doll package I bought for Christmas ... My fault.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are now asking what to look for in the parents????? It's a little late to worry about that one if the pup is coming to you next week.

Puppy proof? Doesn't exist. Keep pup with you or crated all the time in doors & keep a sharp eye out outside in your fenced yard that is very secure. The indoor watch will help with toilet training, too.
Well I'm not sure if you were being rude or if I misinterpreted. I don't plan on letting him free roam the house at his own will. He will only be allowed in rooms I am in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts