German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago One of Bella's ears flopped back down....the vet said there isn't as much cartledge in that ear as in the other ear and that it was fine but I really want them to stand up...is there any way that I can get them to stay up...a non painful way.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
It would depend how old your pup is - if it would be better to wait - my Sting's left ear did that at 11 weeks and then it did come back up and stay up a couple of weeks latter or if it should be taped. You may want to search threads in that section. Good Luck!

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
How old is your pup? I can't comment on the vet saying he doesn't have enough cartilage in his one ear. Did the vet elaborate more on that? GSD puppies ears are all over the place before they completely stand, in alot of cases.

Here's my boy starting at 8 weeks. They were all over the place until he was 6 months. I gave him plenty of safe things to chew on to work those muscles.

I don't think taping the ears is painful? Agree with Mary Beth, depends on the age.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
She's starting to teeth. The ears will do crazy things throughout teething. If they've been up before, they'll go up again so its been said around here time and time again. Check out the ears up threads.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
pardon *she (pretty girl btw)

Honestly, I think her ears will be fine. My boys one ear also laid the same way.

She's only 15 weeks. When they are 6 months old and not up, then I would worry. But not right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts