German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
when we got him at 10 weeks it was in the crate at foot of my bed...now hes 6 months and its wherever he chooses which is between my daughters bed and my bed

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I got her at 3 months, she was in a crate at night until 4 months. At four months she was allowed to sleep in the bed with me or on a dog bed.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
My 6.5 year old can sleep wherever she wants to. She usually starts on my bed until the lights go out. After the lights get turned off, she will, within 22 seconds, get up and find another place to sleep. At some point in the night she comes back onto my bed and I almost never wake up with her not at my feet. She was crated until around 4 months old, or so. Kinda hard to remember back that far.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
As a puppy, my dogs are all crated. Once they are old enough to be loose in the house at night, they can sleep whereever they want. Most of them sleep on the bed for at least part of the night but as my bed is heated, they get hot and get off.

·
Banned
3,612 Posts
Mine aren't GSD's, but one in one bed, another under the other bed, another in a crate and the other on the floor, usually. :)

I've had 3 of them since puppyhood and all went right in bed with me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My boyfriend and I's 2 year old black lab likes to sleep under the bed, right next to the AC vent so we humans have to die of heat during the night. My boyfriend lets him sleep on the bed some times, but when I'm there he's not allowed to. One night he decided to jump up on the bed and sleep on top of my legs. Needless to say, when I woke up with no feeling in my legs, that was when the no bed ban begun.

My GSD pup sleeps in his crate, but when he's old enough he'll just have a dog bed for the nights.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i got my pup when he was 9 weeks old. his crate
was in the livingroom. i allowed him on the funiture
and the bed. my dog is 5 yrs old. when it's bedtime
i can say "it's sleepy time" (i actually say in an animated
voice "it's sheepy time") and my dog gets up
and goes to our bedroom and either sits beside
our bed or lays on his bed and waits for us to get
in bed and then he jumps on the bed and settles
at the foot of the bed. he moves from our bed to his bed
to the floor. at the moment he's on the sofa curled up.

·
Registered
354 Posts
LOL I ask/tell mine "ready to ni-night?" or "time to go ni-night". If they aren't already in there, they head for my bedroom. Koda usually goes to his dog bed at the foot of my bed, Rory usually ends up on the bed, at the foot.
Sometimes, if they're ready for bed before I am, I'll fine them on my bed, sometimes using my pillow. LOL

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
I have no idea what you look like, but from your posts, picturing you saying "it's sheepy time" makes me giggle.

Mad Max the Wonder Lab (our foster) is relegated to his crate... Echo was crated for the first year, now he sleeps on the floor/dog bed. When my husband was away he'd sleep on the bed with me, but that's a secret ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
mine are usually on the bed. One of my aussies sleeps on a dog bed in the bedroom, the girlz are usually bed hogging it with me and a couple of cats:)

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
On the dogs beds or crates. I just leave the crate doors open and let them go in and out as they choose. The fosters sleep in a crate.

·
Registered
329 Posts
all bed for Triad unless its hot then its down stairs on the floor. i do have a problem with him when he jumps up on the bed he imedieately grabs the blanket and starts to hump it . he neutered i tried to get him to stop by giving him a chew toy of bully sticks but dont seem to work.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I've trusted Jazzy out of her crate at night since she was 4 months, she sleeps on my bed

Delgado is 5 months and I can't trust him out yet but hope to soon. His crate is beside my bed

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
gee looks like I stand alone. lexie is crated at night, she still steals things in the day and I would have a hard time sleeping, dreaming about a thief in the night :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
At 5 1/2 months, Xena still sleeps in her crate. She hasn't had any accidents for a long while and goes to the door when she has to potty, but I'm not sure what she would do if she had to go and we were asleep. She still likes getting into things. Not sure what age they stop doing that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
11 weeks, in her crate since 6 weeks when we got her. Eventually we'll leave the door open and she'll be able to roam the house.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts