German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a posting on CL Kc today. How sad that he wants a puppy to be aggressive and sounds like he wants him to just be downright mean to anyone.

Hello i have a 9 months old german shepherd i got him since he was 6 weeks old, i bought him to be a guardian dog but he just bark at animals, i got him because i know that they are good guardians dogs but this one does not even bark at people, it is funny to say but my pomeranian is better guardian than him. Can anyone tell me why is he this way?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thats so sad...and its exactly how I got my
old Shepherd Mikey. His first owner got him
because he wanted a mean guard dog to keep
people away from his house.

Mikey was anything but mean. Loved people,
was easy going and mellow and hardly ever barked.
Once in a while at a raccoon or coyote.

His first owner was mean to him trying to get him
to act aggressive so Mikey ran away and ended up
with me for the next 12 years.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Yeah, I sometimes go to the dog park. Last time there was a Boxer being annoying with my Boaz. Finally, Boaz said "enough" and pinned the Boxer to the ground right next to the Boxer's owner. While I was pulling Boaz off, the owner was saying to his dog, "Get up and fight!". What an idiot.

Boaz is not a fighter, but doesn't tolerate annoying dogs, so I watch him closely.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
someone has flagged it but I sent an email. i explained about the importance of socialization, obedience and forming a strong bond and treating the dog right that in due time will make him want to protect him and only if there was a need. I went on to explain that its not acceptable to have a dog that is aggressive for no reason and that hes not going to do him any favors by expecting this behavior. I also explained the socialization part more by telling him the dog needs to meet as many animals and people as possible in the right way. I told him to become a member on here and listen to the advice. i even mentioned that I would love to take the dog off his hands (I would turn him over to a rescue to make sure he could have a great home.)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Good job on sending the e-mail. I was going to suggest that.

I sent an e-mail to someone who was looking for a GSD on CL but insisted it was to be free. They were just looking for a puppy but didn't want to spend any money on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts