German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

She is 7 weeks old. I went to see her today. She will be ready to go next weekend. The mom and dad are from german bloodlines. The mom had a great temperment and was so sweet. She was small though. I'm used to my GSD's being big guys but, I wanted a female and I know females are smaller so...I'll have to deal with it. I thought a female would be a better fit with Thor. Especially because his is missing Belle so - SO much. They bonded so much in the 6 months they were together. He's been very mopey since Belle passed. We are all very sad losing our Zeus earlier this year and then losing Belle a couple of weeks ago. ... I hope I'm not trying to "fill the void".

I haven't had a puppy in over 11 years. I'm very nervous. The good thing is that the first day we pick her up is the first day of my vacation from work. I'm off all of Christmas week so we'll be home with her all the time. And with my work schedule and my Jose's - it should work out since he works nights and I work days. Someone will always be home with the new puppy.

As for names - I'm thinking either Hera (wife of Zeus) or Athena (Zeus's child). Any suggestions?

.....I'm so nervous!!!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
She is PURRDEEE! :) Congrats you will be great with her and you will wonder what on earth you have done and you will be so glad you did!

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Beautiful! And I vote for Hera...easier to give a nice short Hera when calling!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ahhh she is adorable. I have a friend whose dog's name is Athena and she just calls her Thena for short. For greek names I also love the name Isis. Congrats on that beauty! I bet you are ecstatic :wub:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
She's adorable!!! i like Athena.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
she is precious. i love the name hera.

the ones who go leave such a void in your heart/life. when the new ones come, baby or adult, they take the focus off the void.

you will love her and she will be devoted to you. nothing like a sheppie!

·
Registered
31,968 Posts
What a pretty puppy.

I like Athena too.

·
Super Moderator
32,411 Posts
Oh, congratulations!!! :happyboogie:

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Oh she is such a pretty little girl isn't she! Hope she helps to heal your heart after your 2 recent losses.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I just saw your other thread! Congrats she is a beauty! I think she will be just what you need :hugs:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I like the name Juno (what the Romans called Zeus' wife) if you're doing a mythology theme.

Very cute puppy!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
awwww what a cutie! I'm sure you and Thor will be very happy with your new bundle of fur..

and hey, I hadn't had a puppy in 10 years, be prepared, it was culture shock LOL

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Oh she is such a cutie! Congrats, don't forget to puppy proof! It had also been 11 years for me and I agree with Jacoda it was culture shock. But there is so much more out there for us puppy owners now than 11 years ago.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Congrats on the new addition! Enjoy, they don't stay small for long..

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
:wub::wub::wub::wub: She is so adorable!!! congrats

Oh how I miss the puppy breath and those little shark teeth!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts