German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can hardly believe it, but it's already been a year since we brought Omen home, and the time has just flown by. All in all, he's been about the easiest dog I've ever raised, and an absolute joy to live with. Great big personality, with tons of energy and nice drives, and an awesome 'off switch' to boot. Confident in all situations, great with our older female dog, and our cats, as well as being excellent with strange dogs and people (neutral with strange people, and friendly/neutral with strange dogs). I really couldn't have asked for a better dog!

So far we have just done very basic obedience, taught the rules of the house, and let him be a puppy and mature. Later this summer/fall I am looking into doing some more formal training in formal obedience and scent training with him, and we'll see where that takes us. He's super biddable, smart, and has always been very eager to please, so I think he will do well with whatever we try.

Huge thanks to Lee ( @wolfstraum ) for placing such a great pup with us ... he really is the perfect match for our family!

I'll leave a couple pictures here, one from the day we picked him up, and another from just a couple days ago. If anyone is interested in more (higher resolution) pictures, you can see my favorite pictures of his first year with us in this Google Photos album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PS6yBrVOyP7cPETR2

Attachments

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
He is such a handsome boy!

What types of things are you wanting to do with him? Any sports in his future? I know you mentioned scent work. That sounds awesome.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is such a handsome boy!

What types of things are you wanting to do with him? Any sports in his future? I know you mentioned scent work. That sounds awesome.
Thanks, I'm thinking working toward BH obedience, and learning the IPO tracking phase. From there, we'll see.

·
Premium Member
11,234 Posts
Glad you like him and he fits you so well....I am just so tickled with how handsome the O boys are (and Komet's other pups too!)

Wanna bring him to Ohio in July and show him for a conformation rating????

Lee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts