German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short, I had a club member look at the pedigree of my girl and it was mentioned that she has a lot of showline dogs in her pedigree. I was under the impression it was all Czech working line, except for when you go far enough back there are some West German working line dogs in there.

That being said, one of the males in her pedigree is a 5x V1 rated working line male (from my understanding and from the kennel name). Is it just different over in Europe for winning show titles? Are there a fair amount of dogs of a working line background who win shows?

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
hmph --- does not .

because the dog has Hassan and Uran Wildsteiger Land in the background. So what.
It is what you have and what you do with it.

I am sure there was some thought and plan which was brought forward -- judge by the progeny --- good enough to be bred to Norbo Ben Ju

fresh to my memory because today I was talking with a friend about Lubeck Mahler Meister KNPV met lof, son of a sire who was KNPV and a dam who was KNPV met lof , grandson of KNPV and importantly produced KNPV met lof progeny - (titled accomplished at very young age)

Lubeck does have one maternal line going to Uran Wildsteiger Land and to Lasso di val Sole .

and so instead of looking at the big picture , evaluating the progeny results , understanding the pedigree , there was chest thumping about not using the dog because he wasn't pure working lines

genetics doesn't care about pure -- what and how matter .
you train the dog not the paper.

your pedigree looks pretty good ( Joule?)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmph --- does not .

because the dog has Hassan and Uran Wildsteiger Land in the background. So what.

It is what you have and what you do with it.

I am sure there was some thought and plan which was brought forward -- judge by the progeny --- good enough to be bred to Norbo Ben Ju

fresh to my memory because today I was talking with a friend about Lubeck Mahler Meister KNPV met lof, son of a sire who was KNPV and a dam who was KNPV met lof , grandson of KNPV and importantly produced KNPV met lof progeny - (titled accomplished at very young age)

Lubeck does have one maternal line going to Uran Wildsteiger Land and to Lasso di val Sole .

and so instead of looking at the big picture , evaluating the progeny results , understanding the pedigree , there was chest thumping about not using the dog because he wasn't pure working lines

genetics doesn't care about pure -- what and how matter .

you train the dog not the paper.

your pedigree looks pretty good ( Joule?)

That’s what I thought too, yes Joule von Wendelin is her registered name and she is on Pedigree Database. The comment was about Panter Aritar Bastet, because he won a show 5x. I don’t know much, but from my understanding he still produced pretty decent working line dogs. Then I tried to explain that Aritar Bastet is a working line kennel, showed the breeder’s webpage, and the comment was that the dogs have show line structure or were likely mixed with show line dogs (apparently over angulated with weak hocks?)... which confused me, because as far as I know this kennel breeds and produces strictly working line dogs.

Is there a specific reason why Panter won 5 times? Was it a specific type of show different from the normal Sieger shows?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I just realized - my club member misunderstood (and obviously so did I) what the rating the dogs had - it was said he had won a show and rated V 5 times... what they were actually referring to was the Czech Breed Survey of 5V1/P on a few of the dogs, most of which who do not have their Breed Survey rating on Pedigree Database but obviously still have one as it is a requirement to breed.

This makes so much more sense now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts