German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am considering adopting this nice senior dog from a rescue organization. I'm told it's a "shepherd mix", is about 9 years old and weighs 55 pounds.
I'm curious if some of you may be able to help me determine what kind of mix this particular dog is. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
What a beautiful kind face:wub: I have such a soft spot for seniors.

Honestly, I see a GSD with obviously soft ears. If not, there's ALOT of shepherd there, IMO of course.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
I have no idea on the mix, but he is a very handsome boy. I hope that you can give him a forever and loving home to spend the rest of his days in, I know he will repay you with lots of love.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, she's a girl actually (I omitted to say that). I'll tell you the story of this dog if I end up adopting her, it's heartbreaking and yet full of hope. There's a lot of wisdom in those brown eyes of hers. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Looks like my old GSD mix. She looked like a GSD with ears down just like this sweety.
I'd say mixed with another herding breed or hound/beagle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thank you. You may be right on the mix.
I have never owned a GSD before, and was really looking for a mid-sized dog. I was told this one weighs around 55 pounds, which I gather is on the lighter side for a Shepherd, but still a large dog? I'm going to see it this weekend, it's out of town.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
With those eyes she has, you will be coming home with her :) She is a beautiful girl!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts