German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to reset this forum design so we aren’t continually directed to extremely old threads? I’m at the point now, where I’m going to look at the start date before I even open a thread with new posts.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
It's making me a little crazy. Plus we've seemed to have lost of old familiar faces during the change. I definitely don't look as often. I don't like how the "new" drops off if you lool at a thread.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I still hate this new forum. If I click on a thread and then click out, it completely disappears and I can’t find it again unless I go through every single subforum, which no way am I going to do! This whole thing is a total pain to use.

·
Super Moderator
6,290 Posts
I don't know how to remedy that on a phone(I don't have one!)On my tablet the back button or history will get you back where you want to be.
The old threads are being resurrected by new members.If there are thousands of 'looks' it's an old one.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I don't know how to remedy that on a phone(I don't have one!)On my tablet the back button or history will get you back where you want to be.
The old threads are being resurrected by new members.If there are thousands of 'looks' it's an old one.
It’s more if I want to go back to a thread a few minutes later, or if I’ve looked at other threads and want to reply to one I saw before. Sometimes I have to think about if I want to reply/how to reply, but if I’ve clicked away, I can’t find the thread again. It’s a pain to have to go back through my history just to find a thread. To me, that’s a crappy design on a forum, and it will chase me and many others away.

·
Super Moderator
6,996 Posts
@Pytheis i view exclusively using the New button at the top... haven’t had any problems with losing threads.

...and yes @LuvShepherds i think everyone has to come up with their own strategy to avoid old threads. the 50k views system seems to work for me.

·
Super Moderator
32,241 Posts
I still hate this new forum. If I click on a thread and then click out, it completely disappears and I can’t find it again unless I go through every single subforum, which no way am I going to do! This whole thing is a total pain to use.
That's a setting, unfortunately a default one, which makes no sense. But you can change it - go to Filters and if the Unread discussions box is checked (mine was), uncheck it, and click the Save as default box.

·
Super Moderator
32,241 Posts
I discovered that shortly after the transition. I was having the same problem where I couldn't find a thread that I had just looked at.

I've also been locking old threads, unless they've been ongoing and still have some relevance.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look under popular to find threads you have recently seen and can’t find in New.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Pytheis i view exclusively using the New button at the top... haven’t had any problems with losing threads.

...and yes @LuvShepherds i think everyone has to come up with their own strategy to avoid old threads. the 50k views system seems to work for me.
I just got caught by a 2015 thread that had one new post. People are posting in really old threads and I don’t always notice they are so out of date.

·
Super Moderator
6,996 Posts
I just got caught by a 2015 thread that had one new post. People are posting in really old threads and I don’t always notice they are so out of date.
Yeah, it will occasionally still happen to me, but for the most part I browse the new list frequently enough so when I don’t recognize a thread title and/or see 1 reply but 33k views - it doesn’t add up and if I open it, it’s usually just to close it.

I’ve pretty much stopped clicking on a lot of the “recommended reading” threads.... they tend to be pretty old.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
That's a setting, unfortunately a default one, which makes no sense. But you can change it - go to Filters and if the Unread discussions box is checked (mine was), uncheck it, and click the Save as default box.

View attachment 558121
Hey, thanks! That makes it loads better. :)

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, it will occasionally still happen to me, but for the most part I browse the new list frequently enough so when I don’t recognize a thread title and/or see 1 reply but 33k views - it doesn’t add up and if I open it, it’s usually just to close it.

I’ve pretty much stopped clicking on a lot of the “recommended reading” threads.... they tend to be pretty old.
New people don’r realize that and are posting in them.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Even old threads contain useful info. Most topics seem to repeat themselves anyways over the years so actually remain current in a way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts