German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am back after a long break. My beautiful girl Tosca went to the Rainbow Bridge in June and I miss her a great deal. She was 13 years old. Now I need help from the GS community to find another long haired dog in the near future and see what has changed in the GS world since leaving this forum. I am in no hurry. Maybe I'll find a dog who needs to be rehomed or a rescue. I'm just gonna take it one day at a time and see what happens.

Since I had Tosca I learned a lot about how breeders operate their kennels and how to deal with a dog that had extreme allergies. Hopefully, my experience with Tosca will help others.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
I’m sorry for your loss. Welcome back. I would not wish allergies on anyone. I struggle with them daily. Pretty much anything my dog eats causes allergies.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Welcome back.
I wish you luck in finding a new best friend, it's the only thing that fills the hole the last one left behind.

·
Super Moderator
32,411 Posts
I remember you and Tosca, I’m so sorry to hear that she’s gone. ☹

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember you and Tosca, I’m so sorry to hear that she’s gone. ☹
Thank you it has been tough dealing with allergies, but the dog herself was awesome. It is nice to see a familiar name. I will have read some of your posts and see what you have been up to. I was going to wait to look for another dog, but my life feels empty without a dog. We are empty nesters now and we are sitting on the fence about when to get another. The problem is finding another breeder who lives close by. The idea of getting another dog out of state doesn't sit well with me after purchasing Tosca.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m sorry for your loss. Welcome back. I would not wish allergies on anyone. I struggle with them daily. Pretty much anything my dog eats causes allergies.
Tosca was pretty much allergic to everything and was tested multiple times. I have learned alot about allergies during the past 13 years. If you ever want to talk about it, get in touch with me. During the last two years, Tosca was on just plain 10 mg of prednisone once a day and nothing else. It was great and wish I learned to do that many, many years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts