German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hope he gets the book thrown at him and never gets the other dogs they took back.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Theres no fool like an old fool, hope the old
gets his just rewards!

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
What a sack of poo.

I hope they give him jail time and he doesn't get his other dogs back ever.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
Are the dogs on his property?

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
Ok, I actually went through the video. Sorry, but I cannot feel compassion toward the family with the dog. First, they lied about the dog never being off a leash. I cannot believe the guy shot the dog while the owner was holding the dog's leash. If that is the case, then forget the rest of what I am saying.

Secondly, it is not the first dog they allowed to maraud over their neighbor's property. They let a lab get killed too. I mean, WTF!!! How could they let it happen again. If you have a serial killer down the street snagging children waiting alone for the bus in the morning, do you leave your second daughter out there alone too???

The guy doing the shooting is a real lowlife. "I guess I like the turkeys and the deer more." Ptooey! The guy wanted to kill his neighbor's dog because he didn't like it making free on his property. However, I believe that people should have a right to shoot a dog trespassing on their property. It really doesn't matter if you are protecting yourself, your kids, your dogs, your cats, your tulips. People should not let their dogs run freely over their neighbors land. And if you think this was the first time, I have a bridge to sell you.

It is all very whiney with mom and pop and the two boys all so sad about their doggy being dead. But these are the people that cause villages to pass breed bans. Bans that can just as easily be for our breed too as shown in the current affairs section today.

The guy with the gun is not going to cause us to lose our dogs. The family that lets their dog run around free will.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Originally Posted By: middleofnowherefollowing your agrument, it should be legal to shoot trespassers...
Just 4 miles from this here town, it is legal to shoot trespassers, in WV.

My neighbor's dog is always getting loose and attacking my dogs through the fence. It happened again tonight. He is on my property even though outside the fence. I've had to call AC numerous times about him. Once my Jess jumped the fence and they had a stand off. The Weimie froze and she left him alone. If it had been Rocky, the Weimie would be dead. But Rocky listens and came back to me when called. But if that Weimie jumped in our yard, he'd be a goner. He's too chicken too though. I like that dog, he's a nice dog, just neglected and lonely except for his little beagle mate.

Still maybe I should go shoot the Weimie. I mean if that guy can do it why can't I? Difference is, I would never do such a thing. I would seek legal action. I would never for a minute consider shooting a dog or any other animal.

That the guy loves deer and wildlife more is doubtful. Why does he have a gun? He's probably a hunter and wants to shoot the deer and turkey himself and doesn't want the dog taking his prey. This is Hatfield/McCoy territory (literally). Neighbors can get away with so much crap in this county, I can't believe it. I hate it. I miss my old county! Waaahhhh....where it was civilized. But it's too expensive there.

Hey come to think of it, I don't like my neighbor's kid either! Maybe I'll shoot him! But I would hate doing it, I love kids but I guess I love my dogs more and he taunts them and his dad throws stuff at them. So I have no choice!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Idiots! Hope the old guy gets some time for this but most likely not, after all it was "just a dog!"

As for the 2 dogs that kept getting on the neighbors property in the other story, I think this was posted about before. I think that if the dogs were threatening livestock or the family members then shooting the dogs was within their right but chasing deer or turkeys probably should have been a matter for the ACO or sheriff to handle. Unfortunate for the dogs either way and the owners should have been a bit more responsible for thier dogs.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
Actually, when hunters are out there, if there are dogs running deer, the dogs are supposed to be shot. There is a reason, something about running the deer to death. I don't know, but it is seriously frowned on.

The Game Warden told my dad to shoot any dogs he saw running deer.

Middleofnowhere, dogs are dogs, people are people. Sorry.

I want neighbors to kill their irresponsible neighbor's dogs when they are a nuisance, left to roam freely on the neighbor's property. People who refuse to keep their dogs under control are the reason we are facing breed bans, and high insurance rates, higher license fees, etc.

If people thought their dog would be killed if it got out, they would be more careful.

In fact, people will not be more careful unless there are serious repercussions to their actions.

These people are blaming the neighbor for two of their dogs being dead. Because they blamed him instead of themselves for the first dog, they turned around and let a second dog get killed the same way. And they continue to be ignorant, blaming the idiot who shot the dog.

These are the same people who would be whining and crying because their dog has been ordered to be euthanized after getting out and biting the neighbor's kids. These are the same people who would think that the the driver that ran over their dog should pay to replace their dog. These are the same people who believe you should pay for their dog's bite wounds after your dog defended itself while leashed and on a walk with you. These are the people who believe that "everyone loves sparky" and "he wouldn't hurt a fly" and "fences are cruel -- dogs should be free."

I am completely disgusted by the lack of care people show their animals when they are alive, and how much they whine when their animal ends up dead because of it.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Seltzer,

This thread is not about you or about the other incident. It is about a guy who shot and killed his 6 month old puppy.

And I certainly hope I never have anyone like you for my neighbor.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
I did not bring up the two other dogs that got killed by a neighbor shooting them. I commented on it.

It infuriates me that people can know that they have a neighbor who killed their dog and let their second dog get killed the same way.

It infuriates me that people do not care about their animals until they are dead.

If you leave your dogs run loose, I am glad you are not my neighbor. I have gone the Dog Warden/Sherriff's department route and was told to shoot the dog. I did not shoot the dog. I had to wait for the idiot neighbors to move out. They took their dogs and left their cats. Nice. If these people would have thought that I would have shot their cats maybe I would not have two extra cats taking over my shed right now.

The irresponsibility that these people show hurts us all, but it sounds like everyone else wants to be all sad for them. The victims here are the dogs that were just being dogs, and the kids who had no control over the situation. The parents of the kids are the perpetrators in my opinion.

The guy who killed his own puppy is a moron. But, dogs are property. If there is no law against shooting your dog, which there may not be, than I do not know if they can really make the charges stick.

·
Banned
1,754 Posts
Selzer I agree the neighbor is a moran and so is the guy that would shoot his own dog. Even with all the trouble we have had with the idiot next door to us, I never let our dogs out in the yard without going out with them, cause these guy's are like my children and don't know what I would do if the idiot did anything to hurt my guy's

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
So the DOG, who is only being a DOG, has to pay with his life for the ignorance of it's owners? That is not right.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts