German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we were making dinner tonight, DH goes: "You know you were barking in your sleep this morning?"

Me: "Sorry?"

DH: "You were barking. I thought you were messing with me at first. I figured it was some new plot to get me to move over, since you know I'll move for Abby when she rolls over. I thought you were trying to sound like Abby."

Me: "I was barking? Like how?"

DH: "You were barking and growling. You know that funny high-pitched bark you do when you bark at the dog? It was like that. And growling. I guess you were talking to Abby in your sleep."

Me: "Uh. Okay."

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
ROFL!!
Now if he only had gotten a sound file of that!!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Hmmm.
makes ya wonder who's training who, don't it?

no dream recollection?

ask him to wake you once you stop next time, so we can find out what you THOUGHT you were doing while you were sawing logs!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
too funny!

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
LOL I have heard people talk in their sleep, but never bark and growl. That is too cute.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Thats great!
definatley a priceless moment!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Too bad he didn't record it! My DH recorded me snoring very loudly about a week ago on his cell phone. Then, he showed it to me the next day and I couldn't figure out what it was. Then, he told me and I about died! I begged him to delete it.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
he should be thankful you were just talking to Abby and not saying another guys name!

·
Registered
763 Posts
That’s funny! Are you working on something new with Abby?

Once DH said I kept asking him what this long algebra equation equaled. He thought I was awake and kept saying he didn’t know. He said I rolled over and then answered my own question
I had a final the following day and had been studying for days… I did very well on it as I recall.

G

·
0 Posts
That's a scream! Does Abby "talk" in her sleep too? Maybe you could have a conversation.

To my knowledge I've only talked in my sleep twice. Once when I was a teen and my mom knocked on the door to wake me for school she asked if I was awake and I said, "No, dead. Leave the flowers and get out!". I was really confused why she looked ticked when I came out for breakfast. LOL!

Never happened again until one of my first nights back home in Vermont with DW last year. She also asked if I was awake and I said, "Get me a ham sandwich." I was also confused to find a ham sandwich on my nightstand when I woke up.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ShepsRgr8 - my DH claims that I also snore. Of course, I don't do any such thing, being a lady and all... *laughs* Well, at least he hasn't figured out how to tape me yet, so I can still deny it. I've taped him before, though. He's a big time snorrer.

Mels_Kids - no, I haven't been working on anything new, but we've been revisiting the "through" command lately (for her to run through my legs then sit on my side). I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

GSDad - Abby does talk in her sleep occasionally. She has what must be marvelous doggie dreams. She runs, sniffs, twitches her ears, barks (kind of a closed-mouthed "yip") and growls.

I have been known to talk in my sleep, in a perfectly coherent manner. My aunt claims that when I was 7, I once held a conversation with her while alseep. My DH says that I have sat up in bed, told him to do something, and turned right back over. As I have no memory of either, I must've been asleep.

·
Registered
501 Posts
lol it sounds totally like something i would do!! i have conversations with my dh in the middle of the night if he is awake & watching tv, LMAO. i will be like "of course i am awake".. lol. one time we were talking & i fell asleep mid convo, & i started talking about sinking boats & stuff. LOL.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
you crack me up, lmao.
tell your dh that you have done alot of thinking about the issue and that you figure that he is lucky that you were only barking and growling. at least you didnt bite or sink your teeth into anything. lmao

what a riot!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hilarious!!

I wonder what Abby would have thought if she had heard you?

Once when I was in boarding school, I apparently walked out of my room, walked to my best friend's room across the hall, woke her, gave her an incoherent earful and proceded to sleep in her bed! I woke up the next morning royally confused why I was in her room, and why she was royally angry at me!

(LOL)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts