German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I cant seem to win with foods....First I had my pup on SOJO ( a raw food that is freeze dried and requires soaking) ...its a good food but Ender could not handle it...he was so skinny and just passed it almost whole...so i switched to royal canin GSD pup...and he seems to be doing well, I also recently started mixing blue wilderness salmon in with it....but I have caught flack for feeding royal canin and it seems there is some negative press on here about it....is switching to blue wilderness for Ender a good idea?

Ender is 4.5 months old....38lbs...stool is OK...untill you pick i up :sick:....I feed him 3x a day.... 2 cups at 6am, 1 at noon and 2 at about 6pm...

he takes fish oil and flax seed oil every other day alternating....

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I would keep the pup on what he is doing well on, the royal canin regardless of what anyone else thinks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I wouldn't worry about any negative input on RC if your puppy is doing well with it.

5 cups a day at 4.5 months old, seems like a lot.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I wouldn't worry about any negative input on RC if your puppy is doing well with it.

5 cups a day at 4.5 months old, seems like a lot.
That's what I was thinking too but I've never fed RC and I don't know the weight. This is the recommended feeding for a 4 month old: 77 lb. adult target weight: 5 cups but it (at least for my dog) is a low calorie food with a cal content of 293 per cup which might be why the need for so much food?

Either way if it's working and your pup is healthy then why change what's not broken? :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts