German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of you have GSD's that love playing with the hose water! Mikka sure does! In fact, I think she’s obsessed with it. Every time we turn on the water, bam, she’s right there snapping away at it.

So, last night we are out on our nightly walk and lo and behold some guy is out watering his front lawn. Unfortunately, I was not paying attention and didn’t notice him until we were darn near in front of his house. :rolleyes: It was all I could do to hold her back as she wanted to get to that hose soooooooo badly!! Thankfully, she listened to me and didn’t get too carried away. But for a few seconds I thought “oh no, we’re going to have some trouble here.” It was kinda funny actually. The poor guy had a look on his face like “Dear God please don’t let that mean dog get loose!” If he only knew the real reason she wanted to dart in his direction so badly…… :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I feel your pain! I have a pool, garden pond, a couple fountains, and lots of flowers so my hose gets used a lot. When I pick it up she runs straight to the spigot and stares at it til I turn it on. I live in fear of her learning to turn it on herself.

I have learned to refill water feature and water flowers while half of the stream is snapped up by my furry little fiend, err, umm, I mean friend.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My GSD is the same way about the water hose. He would pick it up and carry it around, even when it was off and learned how to turn on one spray nozzle we have. My hubbie had to take pvc pipe and put it on the end of the hose with duck tape after he punctured on hose! He has a blast when we water the flower pots.

·
Registered
837 Posts
My husband called me at work this morning to tell me what Joey did.

Husband was watering plants we just planted yesterday between our house and the neighbors. Joey was in our backyard behind our new 6 foot pvc fence, barking up a storm.

All of a sudden it got quiet, then husband sees Joey jump over the fence to get to the hose! Unbelievable.

I know Joey likes to attack the hose when we're watering in our yard, but this is nuts!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Husband was watering plants we just planted yesterday between our house and the neighbors. Joey was in our backyard behind our new 6 foot pvc fence, barking up a storm.

All of a sudden it got quiet, then husband sees Joey jump over the fence to get to the hose! Unbelievable.

I know Joey likes to attack the hose when we're watering in our yard, but this is nuts!
Plus side is you know now 6 ft isn't going to hold him if he really wants out.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Seems like we're always finding out something new about our boy!

We usually don't leave him alone in the yard, but my husband was only on the other side of the fence (famous last words:))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts