German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my lab had been having diarrhea since last night, i dont know what started it, she has been on BB for about a month and was doing great, should i go to bland diet for a bit?

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
If it's really the squirts..........

STOP FEEDING ANYTHING for 24 hours, only water. And since we are supposed to do that at the first sign of the squirts, and I'm betting you kept feeding, there's a good chance your pup is on the way to a bout of colitis.

Which means a stop at the vet for meds or some more serious problems. Mucus in stool, blood, straining and the watery diarrhea need to be dealt with immediately.

·
Registered
32,873 Posts
The blood could be irritation from the diarrhea. Light red blood does not bother me to much. Dark blood does as it means it's coming from deeper in. It could be anything causing the diarrhea. I would fast her for 24 hours, then start with a bland diet.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks!! she had squishy stool yesterday, about an hour ago was the first time of wattery stool, and the blood was light red. im going to go to the vet right after work, should i take a stool sample?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.