German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt this is the right section to put this in but while looking up some basic information on a few dog breeds (because THAT'S what I need in my life.... another puppy:crazy:, especially a non-GSD puppy:eek:) I stumbled across this link List of Recognized American Canine Hybrid Club (ACHC) Hybrid Dogs which is the list of the American Canine Hybrid Club (the WHAT?!?) list of recognized "hybrid" aka designer "breeds".

Some of them just made me laugh- in what world would people think to purposefully put some of these dogs together? REALLY? But I also hadn't realized just how out of hand the whole fad had gotten... and who gets to decide on these names? Is there a voting that takes place?

Anyway- sorry for the distraction, I just needed to share, now back to the GSD related threads!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I have a MA, and am almost finished with my PhD and I can honestly say that I don't even know how to pronounce some of those names.... lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I almost think it can't be real- the Havanese/Pomeranian cross is called Ewokian?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
This is the best part:

Please Note: A hybrid dog is not a BREED, it is a hybrid, which means it is a mix of more than one purebred dog who's background is known (you know what the parents of the dog were).

Sometimes I really want to slap people. That makes absolutley no sense at all!​

1 - 4 of 4 Posts