German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way to the movies we saw a dog cross the street in front of us. A couple walking there said that she had followed them all the way. She had a prong collar, with weeds stuck in it, dirty, emaciated; the picture of a stray. A husky / shepherd type with Husky built.
So.......no movies but loading up this sweet dog and going back home. Fed her, watered her and put her on CL. I doubt we will get any response.
She is young, from the looks of her teeth. She is now in the garage, has a soft place to sleep and is safe. I would have loved another dog but it is kinda early since WD is only 15 months old. Life happens. Tomorrow I have to decide to bring her to the humane society or keep her for a while and let her get strong first, unless her owner shows up but that would be a surprise.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Try also doing a search to see if lost ad was posted previously. Who knows how long she has been running around and if the owner posted the ad days ago? I usually check CL as well as post. also google because local papers post lost and found online.

any chance this dog might be chipped?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Husky dogs are quite the escape artist. If this is not the first time, pup hopefully has microchip. Sounds like she loves people and probably misses hers. Can you put up flyers? Call local radio station or tv station? Call local vets? I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I pray that if I ever lost Fiona her finder would try to reunite us. Also, Ilostmydog.com. I see it at the vet.
Edit: lostmydoggie.com. Not the other one

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts