German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ozzy went on his first 'off-leash walk' tonight. It was only for about 10 minutes, but he was off his leash the whole time! (He still got his other entire walk, but leashed).

Since it was so late (midnight-ish), I wasn't too worried about him bolting out in front of a car, but we saw one and I made him lay down and stay while it passed just in case.

He did so awesome! I think he was pretending there was a leash there the whole time, because he was walking right next to me and every now and then would slow down and look back at me, like when my arm swings back and tug the leash a little. Haha.

Right before hand, we had some fun at the field, mixed with training. I took him off the leash and ran as FAST as I could and still couldn't get away from him! Then I'd stop and make him either, sit, spin, or lay down. :D

Ah, fun times. Fun times. :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
cute!!! good boy Ozzy!!!

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Off leash is a win-win. I see too many owners struggling to CONTROL their dogs when they don't realize that the dog probably wouldn't go anywhere if they set them free. Started my dog off leash at 4 months (now 15 months) and people are always amazed how she stays near me and doesn't run after everything in sight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts