German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started from the first day I got her I would set her on one side of our very large yard then walk to the other end then I would start excitedly calling her over to my end and she would come running as soon as she would get to me I would give her a treat and tell her "Good Here!" We would practice this 30 minutes daily then a month later when she was 4 months old one of our guests accedentally left the back gate wide open and of course she went running for it we lived on a busy street and she was running strait for the road as she was about to walk on to it I yelled out "Nikkia Here!" and she immediately turned and ran back. A reliable recall after I had her where I could recall her at home I took her to the park on a long line (20 ft. leash) and had her run around and recalled her periodically we did that for a few weeks then when I was sure I could trust her I let her start running off leash and this was all done by the time she was 5 mos. So for any of you who are having a hard time with off leash training your pup here is another way.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts