1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
386 Posts
yikes, here we go again... this cop im not going to defend... it was straight up stupid what he did... i think the dogs owners should at least been taken to court rathen than some guy (cop or not) taking the law into his own hands basically

i don't understand this part "He said that after fending off the dog with a shovel, he went to the street to find his son. It was then that Rook came outside and shot King twice within a 5- to 7-foot range.
"She defended me by shooting him," Salkoff said.
But Kaur said her dog was being playful, not aggressive.
She said her mother called King back to her and he returned. Kaur's mother took hold of his leash and that is when Rook came outside and shot him, Gurinder Kaur said."

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yikes, here we go again... this cop im not going to defend... it was straight up stupid what he did... i think the dogs owners should at least been taken to court rathen than some guy (cop or not) taking the law into his own hands basically

I agree!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm confused, the off duty cop(Becky) shot the dog while the owners mother had gotten control of him?!? Kinda scary if I read that right, sounds like endangerment and destruction of property.

I would be a mess if someone shot my dog, but if someone shot him while I was holding the lead....

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm confused, the off duty cop(Becky) shot the dog while the owners mother had gotten control of him?!? Kinda scary if I read that right, sounds like endangerment and destruction of property.

I would be a mess if someone shot my dog, but if someone shot him while I was holding the lead....
yeah im a bit sketchy on that part too

·
Registered
218 Posts
Firing a gun in the neighborhood is not a very bright move. I feel for the owners but the cop will probably get off with a small fine.

·
Registered
386 Posts
im sure since he's a cop the worse he would probably get is a small fine and unpaid leave, kind of like the Bear-Bear situation

·
Registered
104 Posts
She said her mother called King back to her and he returned. Kaur's mother took hold of his leash and that is when Rook came outside and shot him, Gurinder Kaur said.

Normally, I tend to defend the LE, but in this casae, it seems that the off-duty officer totaly handled the situation wrong.

R.I.P. King

·
Registered
386 Posts
She said her mother called King back to her and he returned. Kaur's mother took hold of his leash and that is when Rook came outside and shot him, Gurinder Kaur said.

Normally, I tend to defend the LE, but in this casae, it seems that the off-duty officer totaly handled the situation wrong.

R.I.P. King
i know right? thats why i was saying the worse he should have gotten was taken to court depending on EXACTLY what happened... you know how the news is... spun the crap out of

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
i don't understand this part "He said that after fending off the dog with a shovel, he went to the street to find his son. It was then that Rook came outside and shot King twice within a 5- to 7-foot range.
"She defended me by shooting him," Salkoff said.
But Kaur said her dog was being playful, not aggressive.
She said her mother called King back to her and he returned. Kaur's mother took hold of his leash and that is when Rook came outside and shot him, Gurinder Kaur said."
Glad I'm not the only one confused by that.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Parts of this story sound.....iffy? I don't want to sound like the bad guy here but IMO all dogs should be on a leash when walking through a neighborhood, it will protect you and the public. No matter how "friendly" you think your dog is there is always a slight chance he will bite someone. I am not saying the cop had the right to shoot the dog but if the woman were walking the dog on a leash the whole time and then he got shot.........you would have his job and a heafty lawsuit. I live in the country and to be honnest I am getting tired of all the dogs that come charging onto the road from their yard while I am walking my dog. I live in PA and we do have a leash law. I would NEVER shoot a dog and I would rather get bit but if I did shoot a dog that came from his yard and onto the road, it would be a legal kill. This happened to my old neighbor in Peckville, she was walking her Am Staff on a leash and 2 little Pomms came running out onto the road and the Staff grabbed one, shook it and killed it. The owners of the Pomms called the police but there was nothing they could do. They may have took the dog for a bit, but my neighbor got her dog back and no charges were filed.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i still think the dog should have gotten a chance to go to court... if it did bite them then i could understand euthinisation <sp>

·
Registered
682 Posts
Scout I agree with you but like I said, we the owners need to protect our dogs. If she had him on a leash this would have never happened.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
From the wording in the article, it sounds like he was on a leash. But idk, the wording in that is really weird and made it hard to understand, but I know where you're coming from.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i've also been reading the whole bear-bear thing... and i know i supported the cop before, but then i started thinking about bear-bears point of view and he could have been thinking OOH ANOTHER DOG LETS PLAY!!!... and maybe this dog was doing the same with people... maybe

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yeah, I would definitely file charges if the cop shot at the dog while I was holding it on the leash. If I'm holding my dog on a leash and a cop comes up to shoot it that is a threat to my life!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yeah, I would definitely file charges if the cop shot at the dog while I was holding it on the leash. If I'm holding my dog on a leash and a cop comes up to shoot it that is a threat to my life!
Oh **** yes, now you have the cop attacking you.....game on at that point! I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
if the owner was holding the leash while the cop shot the dog, the bullets could have bounced off the ground and hit the women, the cop is lucky she did not kill the owner, the cop should be charged at least with reckless discharge of a fire arm

1 - 20 of 33 Posts