German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor little guy had surgery today to remove some bumps he's had on his head. Oddly enough he had some ingrown hairs that got infected and kind of "bubbled" up. Thank god he's young and has enough extra skin so everything went back together and he should look fine after.

All he needs is some bolts and he's ready to go out as Frankenstein!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Awwww, poor guy! I hope he's better soon. I'm with Zoeys mom on the bolts! :)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Poor boy... hope he is feeling better soon. He looks to be in good spirits though!

·
Registered
216 Posts
awwwww, that breaks my heart... they look painful and huge.. :(

But you admire the fact, that they stay loyal and happy no matter what!

poor boy....

what exactly is it that he had that he had to get that done?

EDIT: Oh, I read what happened, just didn't understand the first time I read it like always :( lol

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Cripes those incisions look huge!

He doesn't seem bothered at all and I bet you won't even notice when the fur grows back.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was expecting him to be groggy and maybe even sore when he got home.. but he's his usual energetic self, him and Noire spent an hour tearing around the house before collapsing together. He apparently destroyed 3 buster collars at the vet so keeping him calm is going to be a challenge. :rolleyes:

I'm glad he's pretty unaffected and i'm eager for his hair to grow back so he can look like a normal dog again, lol.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Oh my gosh he looks like he had brain surgery the poor guy! Still looks happy though. :)
That's what I first thought ! :eek:

Does look happy & ready to go................ :)

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Wow, that's something! Glad to hear he's feeling ok. A friend of mine has a Rhodesian ridgeback/lab mix and he had similar surgery but on the back of his neck- the ingrown hairs were so condensed and packed in there that they were close to his spine. The incision was just as huge and deep.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Poor baby! Glad he's doing good.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Bless his heart, glad he is doing well. At least he can't chew at the stitches but those claws can probably still reach it.

Amazing how these guys bounce back, especially when they are young.

Keep us posted on how Odin does and of course I'm sure he is getting extra lovings :hug:

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Poor little guy! He DOES look like he had brain surgery--and this is from someone whose dog had a brain tumor removed!!! We called her "Frankenmutt" for quite a while after!

I'm sure it will heal up nicely and you won't even know there were any scars there. We put vitamin E oil on our dog's scar (after it closed up really well) and there was not one single scar and everything was covered by fur.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I like... Germanstein. It is amazing how quickly they are back to normal. And, I love it when they say "keep them quiet!!"
Glad all is well... and stitches or not.... he is a handsome boy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts