German Shepherds Forum banner

Odd night

772 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Lilie 
#1 ·
So yesterday so random, it's 3am hubby and I are in the shop with Arexa( she is on a cable looking at the street) next thing I know dog goes crazy barking. I turn around 2 pitbull mixes run to the garage and start getting close almost entering the shopArexa started attacking them and they both just took off and ran away... This was so weird and I was so scared especially after seeing all the pit attacks on the news, not against pits or anything but I was terried! It's 3 am and there's random dogs in your shop! Glad Arexa didn't get scared and actually fought(no injuries thank God)
Maybe they were strays... I never seen them before they came in pairs and when Arexa started attacking them they took off... This was scary because I walk her at night all the time and if they just ran up to us on the walk I don't know what I would do... And our shop door is open all the time so technically anyone can just walk in if you aren't watching and we don't live in the best neighborhood and hubby works a lot with has back turned facing the house and wearing earphones listening to music from now on the dog will always be there jus in case somebody tries to sneak up... Glad to have my GSD. She is usually a type that will run away and hide but last night I saw a different side of her I never see before she was totally a guard dog!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow!

Our shop is on our home property and behind a fence, I still never work late without one or both dogs with me. I also keep additional "tools" for protection close by.

Glad nothing bad resulted. I have had strays / free roaming dogs approach me while walking the girls and it is a stressfull experience.

Glad everyone is OK.

#3 ·
Glad Arexa was there! That's why I never go out after dark without Finn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.