German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have had Kola now for almost a week... she is 8 1/2 weeks old.. usually she is running all over the house.. being really active... and eating/drinking everything in site...
today she really didnt eat much... and she has been sleeping almost all day...

is this normal???

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I would take her temperature. If it's normal, I wouldn't worry unless she's still like this tomorrow. If she has a temp >103, then I would call the vet.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wait.. I dont have a temp. checker? I can take her to the VET anytime I want because I have her on the puppy wellness plan... so any office visit is included... and all that good stuff...
is it possible she is just being lazy today? or growing? ... or because i am being lazy today.. ?? lol
I have the house open..wind blowing... stuff like that???

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i know.. its a butt thing... right? ... here is a question i never thought i would ask... how do i... put it there? ughhh this is so wrong... even when the VET did it a few days ago it felt wrong..

·
5,627 Posts
If you get a good ear thermometer you can use that in her ear. I've done it with my dogs and gone to the vet within the hour and they got the same reading I did.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmmm.... ok.... she is eating now... actually in her crate eating.. i had the door open with her food in there

totally new to all the crate stuff

I'll give it today... if she isnt better by tonight i can take her in the morning to the Vet

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
free feeding??

no i dont think so... ummm... i put the food down this morning around 9am.. for about 30min and she nibbled on some of it.. then was done with it.. so i picked it back up...

its now about 345ish....she woke up about 20min ago and I took her out to go potty... and when I came back in i put the food down in the crate.. and she started eating it...

·
5,627 Posts
Ok. I was just wondering and would have suggested that you feed her on schedule if she had access to food all the time. It makes it easier to know when something is wrong if we know when they should be eating and pooping.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ohhhh Ok...

no i try to do the schdule feeding..

I woke her up... she seems to be running around a little better now.. chasing the cat and vise versa...

maybe she just was tired... ill keep an eye on her...thanks everyone..

(note to self, pick up a thermometer)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I noticed that when my pup, Aspen, slept a lot, it was a sign he was in a growth spurt. I swore he'd wake up and be "twice" the size he was before.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When my pup was 7 weeks old, he got weak too. Would come out of his kennel, wouldn't play with us, would barely open his eyes. If you live in a place with high temperatures and he had a good lunch, maybe he has a sore tummy...I'd go to the vet anyway. If you can't, I had to put him on a special 'diet' with milk, ricotta cheese and meringue. Worked WONDERS for Hamlet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts