German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this pic yesterday when cleaning up my hard drive and thought I'd share. I'm amazed at the strength and sheer destructive power our dogs can have. Backstory- I was a foster home for a rescue, and a fellow volunteer who mainly fostered GSDs had a rather mellow older female GSD come into her care. Turns out the dog had a bit of separation anxiety when crated and alone. The foster mom came back after an hour to find this obliterated crate. The dog was unharmed fortunately, and neither was anything else in the house disturbed. Yikes!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
That is crazy! I once had a golden retriever rescue that had severe separation anxiety, and he learned how to open his crate and destroy everything in the house. When we locked it with hooks, he bent the bottom of the door enough to get out. I have never seen anything like your picture though!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Wow! That’s crazy! I had a co-worker tell me she has a dog with such bad separation anxiety, she would flip that bottom plastic cover, then put her legs through the bottom and walk around the house trying to find a way to get to the owners when they left for work. One day she managed to get out of the crate, and ate through the wall where the laundry air intake was attached, then ran around town trying to find them. It’s crazy what a determined dog will do!

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Hate those wire crates.

Bud destroyed his plastic crate in less then 5 minutes when the would be burglar tried to come through the window beside it. I should have taken pictures. Bent the door into a U and shattered the plastic around it.
The wire crate fell victim to a realtor who thought it was ok to show up unannounced while I was at work, and that one gave in the few seconds it took for the guy to unlock the door.
Never underestimate the power of a determined dog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts