German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am a complete and total newbie when it comes to obedience trials. I trained with a schutzhund club for the majority of last year, I've recently moved so I'm no longer training with them. I thought I'd try venturing into the obedience ring but I have to admit I'm a little lost on where to begin... Looking online I see a pre-novice, beginner novice and novice titles. What's the difference between these?? I'm hoping to go out to an obedience trial in the next couple weeks and observe and pick the brains of the people there. Any other tips you guys have would be great. Thank you!!

·
Registered
987 Posts
The exercises for each title are all listed on the AKC web site.
Some titles have to be done in a certain order for instance Novice, Open and then Utility.
Other titles Beg. Novice, Grad. Novice to name a few can be done in any order.
If you can find a club or training center in your area that would be where I would start.
Rally is also a different area of AKC obed. and has it's own titles that are on the AKC web site.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Showing horses seemed so much easier than showing dogs - maybe it was because my mom handled all the paperwork and now I'm the mom trying to figure it out for my daughter!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts