·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Animal Control Department
Town of Oak Island
4601 E. Oak Island Dr., Oak Island, NC 28465
910-278-5011

No info at this time other than young and energetic girl. This is a small holding facility and if no rescue steps up within a few days, she gets moved to the Brunswick County A/C. Please contact me if a reputable rescue is interested in her.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had someone go check her out yesterday. She was a stray found in a hotel parking lot. She is super friendly with humans and other dogs. She is young and has the typical GSD energy level. They think she has been spayed as she has a scar on her belly. No microchip. She knows shake and sit (both verbal and by hand). Seems like she would make a great pet! Kim said she would have to take her to Brunswick County A/C on Monday and fears they will put her down immediately, so if anyone has any way to get her – it has to be today!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This girl is safe. One of our former fosters is going to pick her up today at 3pm and foster her on her own. I'm going to go see her over the weekend and get some pics. This can be moved to 'Rescue Stories'.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Please look for Cookie's debut as part of <span style="color: #990000">Big Dogs, Big Hearts Rescue's </span>inaugrual group of rescued dogs! I will post our PetFinder link next week when we go live.

Cookie is with her temp foster in NC and is coming up to NY this weekend!!

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Originally Posted By: Darcy1Please look for Cookie's debut as part of <span style="color: #990000">Big Dogs, Big Hearts Rescue's </span>inaugrual group of rescued dogs! I will post our PetFinder link next week when we go live.
First of all - WOOHOO for that announcement!!!

I think that is such a cute name and it fits her perfectly! Nice job everyone!!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Just realized Ms. Cookie's thread was not updated:

Here are a few pictures of her while she was with us before finding her forever home:

And here is an update I received last week from her forever parents and a picture with her CUZ - which is adores:

"Hi Darcy,

Cookie is doing great!! We do everything together. Donna and I are always commenting about how it seems like she was made for us and how lucky we are to have her. She just fits in with us so well.
Well, it snowed this morning and Cookie is loving it! No rain! We play every morning for at least a half hour then she eats and takes a nap. Then she comes with me in the car while I do what needs to be done. Later we play some more. After I get Donna from work Cookie has dinner then the 3 of us go for a walk. Soon we'll be going to the cottage (added by Darcy - where she has 40 acres to play). More fun for Cookie! She really is spoiled. Cookie is awake now time to go for a ride."

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Re: Oak Island, NC Young Female B&T

i missed cookie's story, thanks for updating. one by one, great job!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts