German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no other information. Please use contact info below.

POLICE OFFICER SCHEDULED TO BE DESTROYED. Bear is going to be put down by his partner tomorrow. Bear was injured in the line of duty and retired from active service. Bear was set to live out his years with his partner that he had served faithfully for many years. Now a new baby and a fear that Bear will not like the new baby has set his fate. He is scheduled to be destroyed tomorrow. I can’t take him as I have two dogs already. Anyone that can help please contact me today! Bear can’t live with other animals. He is a POLICE PATROL DOG. A Police Family would be best for him. Dave 219-308-7491

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
WHAT!!! Do the local newpapers know???

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
That's outrageous - putting a K9 down just because he "might" not like the baby? Sounds like he isn't even being given a chance. Some thanks for serving his community and partner over the years. I always expect better from a law enforcement officer - but from time to time I realize they can be as crappy as the rest of humanity when it comes to their dogs. I'm sorry Bear - you deserved better.:mad:

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
okay thats just a seriously sucky reason. He's not even being given a chance! and has it been proven he cant live with other animals? I mean these dogs are supposed to be socialized so they can do their jobs! If they come across another animal in the line of duty and get distracted because they dont get along with them thats a bad thing. I sure hope someone can save this guy! thats not a very good thank you to him.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
You would think the other (human) K9 officers would be all over this. The story seems off.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
German Shepherd Rescue, Inc, of Chicago is working on it. They have a retired Police officer willing to help. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
How sad!!I agree with some others have said, something doesn't seem right. My friend lives across the street from 2 Police officers who have trained police dogs and they have little kids and one of the wives is pregnant.

I am glad a rescue is stepping in to help this beautiful boy.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I am so glad to see that he will be saved.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
this is BS. the human officer is pathetic. "might" not like the baby...come on. GSD's love kids in the pack.

I'll post this guy on my facebook too. Wish I could take him myself, but have 2 already in a 800 sqft condo!!!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
German Shepherd Rescue, Inc, of Chicago is working on it. They have a retired Police officer willing to help. Thanks everyone!
Good work Cindy!!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I dont want to believe the story at all....another Internet Urban Myth I hope. Can't believe the department would even allow this. I will be interested to know the outcome.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts