German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up an 8 week old puppy next week from a local breeder. The breeder asked me if I had heard of Nuvet Plus and highly recommended it. I have done some Google searches for it and found nothing but glowing reports about how good it is. After much research I have decided to feed my puppy Canidae All Life Stages. Do you think Nuvet is necessary if I feed my puppy Canidae? I have read that too much calcium and protein can cause GSD puppies to grow too fast. Candidae seems to have the proper protein % and the proper calcium to phosphorous ratio.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The breeder I got Ava from told me I had to keep her on it but funny how she wouldn't eat it and she is allergic to yeast!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have done some more research on Nuvet plus and found that breeders appear to get a "kick back" from Nuvet if they recommend it to their clients. Each breeder has a unique code tied to Nuvet that they want you to use when ordering it from Nuvet's web site.

I just had a 10 year old GSD die from cancer and I am looking for anything that might help prevent it from happening again with my new pup. Nuvet sort of sounds like a scam though.

·
Banned
1,754 Posts
Yes this is true only to people that are distributers of the product. But it is a great product our guy's are on it. They also have a vitiamin that is called New Joint which is also good

·
Banned
1,754 Posts
I'm not to sure about giving pups that are 8 weeks old the vitiamins, but we do give our Fantom and Spirit which is 5 months old each one a day. As for younger pups you can talk to someone from Nuvet to see.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Originally Posted By: willagI have done some more research on Nuvet plus and found that breeders appear to get a "kick back" from Nuvet if they recommend it to their clients. Each breeder has a unique code tied to Nuvet that they want you to use when ordering it from Nuvet's web site.

I just had a 10 year old GSD die from cancer and I am looking for anything that might help prevent it from happening again with my new pup. Nuvet sort of sounds like a scam though.
It is not a scam. It is simply a pet vitamin that is sold through network marketing...like Flint River Ranch Pet foods and Healthypetnet products.

Cherri

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think it's legit. I also think that if you have a pet who is relatively healthy, you don't need sumplements, just a good diet. If the dog is healthy, I don't hink you'll see a change with NuVet. Now if there are problems, supplements like NuVet can help the dog.

Since Chase was healthy, and on a very balanced diet, the extra NuVet provided didn't really matter.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
It is legit, my old boss used to use it and refered it to his customers,

I myself used to use Nupro, and now use Dog Bloom, my dogs are healthy, I just use it to keep them healthy, or in hopes of keeping them healthy, kind of like taking vitamins for yourself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have used the product on my pets and found them to be very helpful in maintaining low amount of scratching and hot spots. Shiny coat and lots of energy are other benefits, and the fact that my Lab loves them as an evening treat makes giving them to him all the more satisfying. Of course, all dogs are different, as my sheltie would sometimes throw up after taking one. However, I made sure to give them only on a full stomach and no longer experience the problem. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have done some more research on Nuvet plus and found that breeders appear to get a "kick back" from Nuvet if they recommend it to their clients. Each breeder has a unique code tied to Nuvet that they want you to use when ordering it from Nuvet's web site.

you might be right about those "kick-backs by using the code" on Nuvets website but u dont have to buy them from their website.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts