German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help my bitch is feeding her pups but one of her **** is hard as a rock is this normal if so how long before it goes away if not does she need to see a vet not rich and they seem to like to play on your love for your pet

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
If it is very hard and hot it could be mastitis. You need to go to vet.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saw the VET does not think its infected but treating her with anti as a precaution also suggested to wrap in cabbage when she not feeding.So for future check her temp first and wrap in cabbage unless she runs a fever then go to the Vet since there not much they can do for them unless its severe mine was hard and maybe the size of half a hot dog bun and warm not hot to the touch.the puppies where still feeding from that specific area so that meant it wasn't plugged.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Saw the VET does not think its infected but treating her with anti as a precaution also suggested to wrap in cabbage when she not feeding.So for future check her temp first and wrap in cabbage unless she runs a fever then go to the Vet since there not much they can do for them unless its severe mine was hard and maybe the size of half a hot dog bun and warm not hot to the touch.the puppies where still feeding from that specific area so that meant it wasn't plugged.

Glad to hear; my Dog got an infected teat & it hit fast. She was fine one day & the next had 106 fever. Glad you took her in. I ended having to do after hrs at the vet so the bill is gunna be NICE :/ LOL (but i'd pay 2x it to keep my girl safe):wub:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts