German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nyxie was going for her 1st leg in Rally Advance today. We approached the jump and just as I got up to it I realized she had no intention of jumping. I had not yet passed the jump itself so I turned around to retry and the judge stopped me and said there are no retries and that I just NQ'd. We finished the course and of course she did fine the rest of it and would have qualified had she actually jumped. I thought you are allowed 1 retry at a points deduction. Did I miss something?

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
Not sure. I think I have done a redo on the jump, but that could have been at a run-through. Hard to say. If they hit the jump its an NQ and no redo.

·
Registered
673 Posts
No, you are not allowed to re-attempt the jump in Rally. HOWEVER, effective 4/4/2012 missing the jump is just an IP (-10) and NOT an automatic NQ. and attempting to re-do the jump shouldn't be an NQ either.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay so now I'm not sure why she NQ'd me simply for Nyxie not jumping - because she told me we did right when Nyxie didn't jump and that was the 3rd station. Lots of people NQ'd in that show though so at least I was not alone in it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts