German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
397 Posts
First thing first is to stop him having yucky poop. Stop feeding him for at least 18 hours but offer water as usual, after the 18 hours is up go by this, this is what helped me tremendously... if you think chicken is an issue you can switch the chicken for boiled hamburg, you may also add on heaping teaspoon of pumpkin ( just pumpkin no spices or anything added) to each meal

Day 1- Am feeding 3/4 brown rice 3/4 C chicken
afternoon same thing
pm Same thing

Day 2- same as Day 1

Day 3- AM 1/2 c brown Rice 1/2 cup chicken 1/2 cup kibble
same from afternoon and Pm

Day 4- Same as day 3

Day 5- 1/4 C brown rice 1/4 chicken 1 cup kibble
same for afternoon and pm

Day 6 same as day 5

Day 7 all kibble

if on any of the days you noitce loose stool again go back to the previous day. You can also add in one heaping table spoon of pumpkin to each meal. This is what I Have been doing for almost 2 weeks and its been a god send.

· Registered
397 Posts
The only thing I know about tylan is that it really helped some dogs and it is safe for long term use. If the vet feels that is an option for your dog you may want to look into purchasing it somewhere besides the vet. You can get it alot cheaper on amazon.com than the vets office (usually)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.