German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined and got that all done. Just got my first GSD, not my first dog but a first GSD. Indi came from a foundation that trains PTSD dogs for veterans. She was withdrawn from training due to slow transitioning. She was given to us as a permanent home for her to just be a pet. I am disabled and confined to a wheel chair so I was in need of a companion anyway. Indi has shown a huge amount of promise and has begun adapting to out situation very nicely already. We may return to the foundation and continue her training with me as her new person. She has been actively avoiding the leash because the leash means she must behave and go to work. So we are easing her back into just being a plain old house member just like the Golden retriever we still have. Our pack was fairly large at one time with 6 large breed dogs, but we are down to just two now, a 14 year old Golden and a 2 year pld GSD. The antics are fun and it has been a long time since we had a baby in the house so we are doing the toy and chewing thing right now. It's all good and Indi came to us 99% trained so she is going to be a great member of our family in a very short period of time.
Wheelchair Bob

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Welcome Indie! Enjoy being a family pet!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It sounds like you two are going to enjoy your time together! Thank you for taking her in, and give us posts and pictures!

Welcome to the forum :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just took these pics off of my SD card on my camera. The first pic is of Indi just after being introduced to our 14 year old golden in the kitchen with Momma, and the second is a pic of her and I in my wheelchair posing nice for the camera. More pics to follow soon. So far she is a happy girl and adjusting to her new home extremely well already!!!

Wheelchair Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Welcome! What a pretty little lady! You are going to LOVE this breed :D This forum is the perfect place for a newbie GSD owner. There are so many seasoned and experienced folks here who are always willing to help-not to mention TONS of archived threads to search through. Chances are, whatever you are going through, someone has been there before! Keep us updated on her transition and again, welcome Bob!

·
Registered
624 Posts
As a disabled person myself, a GSD has certainly changed my life. Your dog will change yours.

Congratulations on your new acquisition and welcome to the forums! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts