German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, another thing to add to the laundry list of things not right about my male... we know he has pano, so him getting lame on his left fore a few days ago was not a shock to me. But I left for work at 12p today and got home after our Kennel Club meeting tonight at 10p to find him completely leg-carrying lame on his left fore and with a cluster of hard pea-sized lumps in his armpit and back of his elbow. He has two or three in his right armpit. They're red with white crust and no visible holes. No blood or bloody crust. They aren't bothering him, not itchy. Painful on palpation.
He was crated the whole time I was gone, no bugs in the house to sting him, and obviously not with any other dogs or animals. No diet change, not on medication except monthly Trifexis. Temp is normal. Acting fine (painful leg, obviously, but wanting to play and not lethargic).

I'm taking him to work (vet) first thing tomorrow morning, but until then... what the heck happened?! I've never seen anything like it before. Ugh, what a headache! The poor boy!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Yes, your poor boy. I would guess bug bites - the kind of nasty bugs that dig in painlessly and then next day or so the reaction sets in. Hope he feels better soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts