German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
I would love to see the data at 10 years out. It's still so new. And if my research is right, the decrease in testosterone is only 50%. So for those people having "male" related issues, it may not work. Also, it will be harder to tell what pet has been altered.

In the show ring, are judges going to have to search for the tatoo. And while you don't need to sedate for the procedure, you will for the tattoo, I know no dog that will sit still for one. So the anesthesia risk still applies.

I talked with my Vets about this. They were crazy interested, but had the same concerns. And want to wait for a but to see what happens to digs in the long run.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
the article says that an experienced person will be able to tell the difference in the testicles and that they do shrink so I'm betting that judges will quickly learn the difference if this procedure catches on.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the article says that an experienced person will be able to tell the difference in the testicles and that they do shrink so I'm betting that judges will quickly learn the difference if this procedure catches on.
Why would anyone showing want to do this to their dog? Doesn't the money come from stud services?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts