German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my gsd pup will be 12 weeks on Monday. He is normally good about the bathroom, but he ate almost a full cup 2.5 hours before sleep and he still has not pooped it out!!?!? Is this normal sometimes? I stood outside with him for an hour tried playing running around to help jim digest his food... any help??

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
sometimes they just dont have to go, I wouldnt worry unless you go all day tomorrow and he still hasnt pooped/ vomits.
as mine got a little older (4 months) she stopped pooping at night and preferred to do most her biz in the a.m.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine was the same last night! He is 10 weeks and just didn't want to go before bed! So he woke us up at 5am to let us know he needed to poo haha. I wouldn't worry, it's perfectly normal as long as your pup is going the next day.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woke up at 6:30 this morning took him out to because he was whining ans he peed and wanted to play... ate maybe a half a handful more and still no poop his tummy looks almost as full as last night... he didnt eat all of his food so im thinking he didnt eat enough to poop? Also we jusy brought him back home from a 3 week training course so maybe he isnt adjusted here yet to have a comfortable poop :)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Canned pumpkin is my go to. A heaping teaspoon full in each meal helps keep Raina regular. Also, when he does go, check the poop to make sure there isn't anything in there he shouldn't have eaten - parts of toys, stuffing from toys, etc. That can cause stomach upset and irregularity for sure and can cause bloat if not noticed fast enough. I'm one of those crazy people that looks closely at my dog's poop just to make sure it looks healthy and there is nothing "extra" in there. She has been known to chew parts off toys.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I check frequently too. I've seen small bits of certain toys, but not enough to cause a problem or irregularity.

I'm mainly checking for consistency.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i found out what it was and my poor little guy came back from training with worms!!! I went at 8am this morning for worming meds as soon as they opened.. gave him the meds 30 min later we got a nice solid poop... good signs of the meds working already... now if we can just get rid of those unwated white critters :/

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Glad to hear it was just worms. Treatment should take care of it. What kind of worms did he have?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looked like tapeworms because they were flat looking but they could always be the rice ones well... they didnt have an open appointment today so they just gave me the pill over the counter. My little guy now has diarrehea... is this to just flush out all the dead worms now?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts