German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at Vanderbilt in Nashville TN yesterday getting a cast put on my wrist. I was talking to the "caster?/person who puts on the cast". LOL. Anyways I asked him, how young was the person he put a cast on. I was curious since my niece broke her leg when she was one. He told me last week, they put a cast on a six day old baby. I asked how in the WORLD could a six day old need a cast. Was it born with a deformity? He said no. The baby came in through the ER and from surgery. The story goes. The mom had just got home from errands and left her baby in the carseat in the middle of the floor and went to lay on the couch to nap since the baby was still sleeping. Well if your a pet free household, that can't be too bad, right? But in this case, she had a seven week old pit in the house. The pit was playing with the baby, but thought the baby was a chew toy. The pit chewed off the baby's last three fingers on the babys right hand. The mom slept through it ALL. Thankfully the baby went home with CPS and not the mom that day. Poor baby :(

I can't believe that story. What is up with ignorant people leaving babies around dogs unattended. We know our pets are family and we'd like to think they would NEVER hurt us. But in the end, they make mistakes, they are still dogs. I just couldn't believe this story. I don't know, sometimes people should not be allowed to procreate. Just sayin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts