German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What medical reason could cause a spayed, senior, dog to pee in little bits and drink a ton of water. I suspect it may be habit but so far we're dealing with Lyme's disease and ear mites (yeah..that's fun to treat 5 animals for) so I'm not going to assume it's habit. Her BUN/CREA were both fine so no sign of kidney failure. In fact, all her Chem10 levels were great so her organs appear to be fine.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Random thought, maybe her legs are stiff/sore & it's uncomfortable to squat, so she pees in short sessions?

·
Registered
31,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or I could be just making things up.
:rofl: slow day?

hmmm....both are good suggestions.

I don't see any other symptoms for a UTI and she's on doxy right now. A quick google search says doxy is effective for a UTI so that most likely crosses that off. But she did all this before the doxy so I don't think that is the cause for excessive drinking.

She is a bit stiff, or was. I don't see it so much now as when she first came. Not sure if it's taking a few pounds off or the doxy taking care of the Lyme's that may have been making her stiff. But that is definitely a possibility.

And if this is a habit...how do we break her of it? She basically marks our yard but doesn't fully empty so we've come home to a wet floor a few times now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts