German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waggin' Tails Dog Rescue
Please go here and look up Ella. Her ID#-11952374.

This little girl's story broke my heart. Luckily she is in a foster home at the moment. If you live in the area and meet the requirements please consider Ella. Here is some info right off the website...

Ella is seeking a loving home with German Shepherd experience and a physically fenced yard to run in. At this time, we are looking for a home with no cats or small dogs because we suspect Ella may have a high prey drive.

Arrival Story: Ella has had a rough start in life. She came to a rural shelter as a stray at about 9 months old and was adopted out to a family. She was tied outside without adequate food or shelter. Poor girl had a litter of puppies outside and none survived. Thankfully, a neighbor called Animal Control and reported the neglect. The family was given time to provide shelter, but they said they couldn't afford it, yet they went and got another puppy! They surrendered Ella back to the shelter. A compassionate shelter worker asked Waggin' Tails to take Ella, so she'd never end up in a home like that again.

Personality: Ella is a beautiful girl! She is affectionate and loving, with just a pinch of rebel mixed in for flavoring! She is submissive to the medium and large dogs in her foster home, but gets overly excited around the cat, the Chihuahua and the puppy in the house, so we think she has a strong prey drive. Ella has been confined to a crate and to limited leash walking because she was spayed and had a growth removed from her right rear hock. The pathology report confirmed the growth was benign. Ella is handling the confinement well, especially considering she is still a puppy! She gets very excited when we come to take her out of her crate - freedom at
last! We can tell she is itching to run in the yard, and we've seen hints of a playful girl on the other end of the leash.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Here's Her Picture...

Ella has a background similar to my GSD (also named Ella; a dog that saved my life) rescue. Given a loving home, 11 month old Ella could be that "once in a lifetime" dog for someone.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
A litter before she is even a year old - ugh. :mad: Poor Ella - lucky she was taken away from that undeserving family. Hope she gets a nice new home, she's a pretty girl.

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's very sad:( especially since these people just gave up on her. They turned around and got a new puppy which I hope they don't neglect as well. Some people...:mad:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Bump

Ella's picture haunts me...She has a tired and discouraged look to her. Hope someone steps in to change that!

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Ella's picture haunts me...She has a tired and discouraged look to her. Hope someone steps in to change that!
Well, she IS recovering from spay surgery - but her ears and tail are up, and she looks calm to me, not depressed. The write up on her sounds just fine, once she has recovered from her spay I think she will really start to shine! (And give those small critters a run for their money.....)

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yes, it sounds like Ella has a Foster home that is truly trying to help her. I suspect this picture was taken when she first arrived with them. Dogs are amazingly resilient and forgiving...thank goodness!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
another sweet girl who needs a forever family...

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
She is such a pretty girl! Hope she finds her forever home soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts