German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen or known of this breed of dog ?
I was at the dog park today and a dog came in that I swore was either a wolf or a wolf hybrid, but I was told it was a North American Indian Dog. This dog greeted all the other dogs like a wolf greets it's pack. A girl friend had a pure wolf years ago and this animal was the spitting image of Pakka. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have heard of them and seen websites about them as well

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
I think they are called Native American Indian Dogs. They originally pulled sleds and were working dogs and I believe there is some controversy as to whether or not they are actually extinct now.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I have actually seen one. If I remember correctly I'd like to say they are wolf hybrids...not sure how closely realted they are to wolfs but that is what I was told by the owner.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. If I see this dog again I will make sure to ask the owner about it. It was very well behaved and got along great with the other dogs.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
In West Columbia, SC at the Barnyard Flea Market a man was selling some dogs ( it's now disallowed to sell dogs there) and he called them Indian Huskies. I looked at them with a raised eyebrow, and said what's in them. He said a bit of wolf.... I knew that. Most people that think they have a pure wolf DON'T. They have a wolfdog.

Powell

·
Registered
357 Posts
When we picked up Bear from the airport there were two adults in separate crates. They were HUGE. I could not believe size of their paws. On the tag it said north american indian dog. They were gorgeous, and looked exactly like a wolf. They were being shipped from somewhere in Canada to someplace in Michigan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts