German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy is 9 weeks old and only 10.8 lbs. She is my first gsd so I thought this was normal but when I tryed out multiple "puppy calculators" that estimate adult weight they said she would only grow to be about 35 lbs. That cant be right??! She was the runt of the litter but has already grown a lot in the week that I've had her.I don't care about her weight as an adult (was only curious) but doesn't a 35 lb adult shepherd seem absurd to anyone??

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
My puppy is 9 weeks old and only 10.8 lbs. She is my first gsd so I thought this was normal but when I tryed out multiple "puppy calculators" that estimate adult weight they said she would only grow to be about 35 lbs. That cant be right??! She was the runt of the litter but has already grown a lot in the week that I've had her.I don't care about her weight as an adult (was only curious) but doesn't a 35 lb adult shepherd seem absurd to anyone??
Mine was 22 lbs at 11-12 weeks and he was 85 lbs last time I checked around 8 months.

ETA what I mean is that mine is obviously over the standard and he was 22lbs at 11-12 weeks so you're fine

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
At 16 weeks Riley was 37 pounds and before he got sick at about 9 months he was 75 pounds.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Jazz was 10 pounds at 8 weeks and he's 85 pounds now. I think that calculator is a little "off" :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts